June 10, 2019, 6:00 p.m.-9:00 p.m.
Coleman Artist Studios, 142 Quick St., Phoenixville
Add a little whimsy to your space with a wire bonsai of your own making (that you'll never worry about watering!). No bought materials or wire-working experience necessary for this all-inclusive workshop. Students may choose to work in silver, copper or gold tone depending on materials available.
As a crafter or artist you may enjoy vigorous classes to learn and hone your skills; on the flip side as a layperson you may enjoy a casual craft night with friends and few mental demands. The skill levels below should help you establish where this class fits for you. Consider levels 1-3 social classes and 4-6 output classes. All classes are accessible to anyone, it's simply a matter of how ambitious you feel.
1. red: extremely casual, simple activity allowing easy socialization, no prior skill necessary, some prep steps pre-completed or completed by instructor
2. orange: casual, beginner level activity, suitable for socialization, some simple skill instruction
3. yellow: suitable for the novice or eager beginner, careful skill instruction for this and future projects, moderate pace
4. green: accessible mid-level, deep dive skill instruction and practice, moderate pace
5. blue: high mid-level demanding diligence, moderately demanding, assumes facility with directions
6. purple: demanding, vigorous class pace, assumes facility with directions, prior crafting experience useful
All tools and materials provided EXCEPT those as noted in "Materials required for purchase."
Space is limited. If you seek to be in a class with friends it might be wise to sign up together in order to ensure you are in the same class. Classes are non-refundable except in the case of teacher cancellation. (Be sure to provide an accurate email address for each attendee.)
Ten Air Studios workshops are BYO, so please feel free to bring refreshments as you'd like!
wire bonsai: 6/10, p.m. session
The gallery will provide all tools and materials necessary to complete this project! THAT SAID: if you prefer to bring a small vessel to hold your bonsai, like a pretty teacup, tea tin, chipped bowl or thrift store gem, do bring that along. Containers provided in class will vary.
*Note: This bonsai design is wire alone and created without gemstone chip "leaves." To add the chips requires a completely different method of fabrication and is therefore a different class.